Tonight we are headed to my aunt and uncle's for pizza and Thanksmas.
Since they are leaving tomorrow from the party, they're having "Christmas" with the grandkids and family here. It's become a tradition since they spend most of the winter in Arizona. It ought to be really....special. My cousin's son, also my cousin, who is a teenager and totally greedy asked last night why we weren't having homemade ice cream along with his favorite pizza and pie. Did I mention he didn't even want to get his grandparents a gift, but expected BIG gifts from them? Such a brat.
We don't give gifts (except every once and a while, like this year, to my aunt and uncle) because we'll have regular old Christmas at Christmas time.
As for the recipes yesterday, the sweet potato casserole recipe is a keeper. The broccoli one is not. I don't know if it was the fact that I had to use brown rice and that ruined it or the fact that I found it way to salty (and I added no salt). It could be my loss of appetite. I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday and even skipped pie in the evening. Perhaps I've turned over a new leaf? Nah. Either way, I have no desire to make the broccoli casserole again.
Everyone wants the recipe for the "lime frozen dessert thing" I made, too. Must share.
0 comments:
Post a Comment