Thursday I went back for my three month check with my doctor. Let me just take this moment to say, again, I love my doctor. Even though she had to reschedule this appointment twice due to emergencies. Even though she kept me waiting 45 minutes. (In all fairness, it sounds like she has a sick baby at home, so I be understanding.)

In terms of healthiness, I've gone the other way. Weight is up. (17 pounds - which I find hard to believe if not ALARMING) Blood pressure was way up (160/100). My A1C has gone up .6 - it's still below 7, but not it's a whole lot closer to 7 instead of being closer to 6 like it was. The only good news is my cholesterol looks good.

Well, yipee.

Luckily, my doctor is great. She knows that I know things are good. She doesn't yell at me or reprimand me - which would only cause me to be afraid of her and never return. All she said was, "in terms of your diabetes, you've started going in the wrong direction. You know what you need to do. I know you'll handle it." Didn't I mention how great she is?

Anyway, I'm using this appointment as a jump start/shock to get me back on track. Enough is enough. No more waiting until soccer season is over. It's over! No more, "oh I'll start on Sunday." That's it. Everyday from now on. I love my mother, but since she's retired and started cleaning out her recipe box she's not been very diet friendly. I refuse to continue to eat things I shouldn't just to "use it up." She doesn't need the sweets. My dad doesn't need the sweets. LMK and I don't need the sweets. I have no problem making them and sending them to someone else, but no more making them for no reason.

I've talked it over with LMK and he's agreed to help me. Until I develop a little willpower of my own, I need him to be strong for me. For a while, I need a food cop - so does he. (In fact, I wrestled a piece of caramel out of his hands Thursday night and threw it away. He got the message.) Today we are going to The College so LMK can meet with a recruit and after that, we're stopping at the produce stand I've been oogling since he started working at The College. I've found "diets" don't work for me. Lifestyle changes do. So I will be creating my own South Beach/Fat Smash Diet. Eliminating whole tiers of the food pyramid doesn't sound healthy - but I am definitely going to start watching what I eat. Making good food choices and recording every single cotton pickin' thing that enters my mouth. Just because I don't record it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

I'm even taking my before pictures. That ought to scare the hell out of a lot of people.

Today is a new day!