Ha, you probably thought this was going to be about that new show, Heroes. While LMK and I do watch and enjoy the show...

I fooled you. I worked for the Title I teacher today and got to see a presentation by an Ohio author. Rick Sowash, author of Heroes of Ohio, came today and talked about his book.

He was wonderful! He really is a great story teller and a wonderful author, but the program itself was genius. He had a bunch of the 4th grade students from the elementary school dress up as the "Heroes of Ohio" listed in his book. Then as he went through the timeline in his book he would have a little "interview" with each character.

The gymnasium was packed to capacity with the entire school and the other six fourth grade classes in the district - yet you could hear every word. The kid's listening barely moved throughout the entire program (that lasted 50 minutes). It was wonderful.

I'm only sad that I didn't get to purchase a book that he had signed. I finally reasoned that I may not be an Ohio teacher much longer, so have a children's book allllll about Ohio is probably not necessary.

More on other decisions being made, later.