I returned to the first grade classroom where I spent a week in mid-October today. I was in for one of the two catty teachers in the building. They've been nothing but nice....to my face. However, they're the type that you just know are talking about you behind your back. This is based on things they've said about the kids, the parents, and other teachers.
Anyway.
While I was in for a week, nothing shady happened. Everyone was polite. It wasn't suddenly Absent Teacher's turn for week-long playground duty. It was generally a good week.
Today was also nice. I dressed warm figuring that it would be my day for playground duty - coincidentally of course. When I got to school I saw that, yep - I had playground duty. No biggie since I had music right after. I would get my pee break. Hooray!
However, upon my maneuvering in the classroom, I stumbled upon this year's duty schedule for the first grade teachers. Well, well, well. According to the schedule - it was Catty Teacher #2's day, not mine. Amazing how it worked out to be my day.
When I doubled checked with her - just to be sure, she explained to me that everyone has a set day during the week and Mondays and Fridays they take turns. "It just happened to be Absent Teacher's day!" she said sweetly.
Yeah. Sure it did.
0 comments:
Post a Comment