I love my grandmother's side of the family. I really do. Well...except for the fact that they reproduce like bunnies so there's always a bunch of new babies to oogle and I reallllllly want one of my own.
We walked into the party, greeted my uncle, wished him Happy Birthday and moved out of the way so others could come in. My mom's favorite cousins came over. Everyone hugs. There are no handshakes. Everyone knows Lawn Mower King, yet none of them have actually met him before. (I swear they have flashcards and study up) LMK spent a half hour talking to my cousin from Minnesota. Her son (a month younger than me) plays soccer and had dreams of playing MLS. So they talked soccer for a while...while my eyes glazed over.
And I didn't sneak off with any babies. Don't get me wrong. I tried.
0 comments:
Post a Comment