I've applied to a few jobs in NC, so has LMK. I've been told to be picky about the schools, so I am trying. I have a general area I am interested in and I am looking for jobs in that area.
LMK says we'll move as soon as one of us has a job (i.e. me). I say, "pffffft."
I'm torn. Part of me wants to move - RIGHT NOW. Another part of me wants to finish out my year of subbing and move in time for a new school year. In my mind, it's because we would have almost a year to try to save money toward a move and pack. Of course, we're barely making enough money to pay the bills we have, so how we'll save money too, I have no idea. Plus, moving in time for a new school year would give me more ways to try and figure out how to break the news to my mother.
LMK told his dad about moving to NC last night. His dad's response, "Well, you were never going to make any money in college coaching anyway."
LMK is kind of upset by it, but hey - his dad is right. He wasn't going to make the kind of money he would make in engineering in college soccer. We know that. However, having a job he loves is worth all the potential luxuries we may or may not be giving up. I've told LMK, I don't need to be rich. I just need to be able to pay our bills each month and not worry every solitary second about money and how we're going to pay our next bill. Besides, NC is just another step in the road to getting him a college coaching job.
I'm adamant about things now. We'll do what is best for US. The decisions we make affect US. If we ask for your opinion, we want your opinion, but we may not do what you think is best. If you don't like or agree with our decisions, I'm very sorry. However, they are still OUR decisions. We are going to make mistakes, but we need to do that together so we can learn from them. Part of this move is taking their "say" out of our lives. If they're giving us money, I feel like they should have some sort of "say" in what we do. When we both have full-time jobs - that will end.
0 comments:
Post a Comment