Wednesday is the last substitute meeting of the year for Large County. Once a month, they have a half day sub training meeting where prospective subs fill out paper work and I'm sure, listen to safety training, etc. Last month, I couldn't go because it snowed and school was closed. Once you attend the meeting, they add you to the list a month later. (If I go to the one next Wednesday, I would get added at the beginning of April)

I've been planning for a month to go to this meeting. Right?

Yesterday, I got a call for a substitute interview with Small County schools. The schools that are RIGHT IN TOWN. When is my interview? You guessed it, Wednesday morning. Followed by training for 2 hours on the 14th.

Which would YOU go to?

Some facts:

  • Large county schools drive ranges from 40-60 minutes for me.
  • Small County schools drive ranges from 3 - 10 minutes for me (I can walk to one).
  • Large County School's "real" jobs pay a little more than Small County.
  • Both schools pay the same sub rate.
  • I have an interview on the 31st with Large County.
  • I have heard "horror" stories of how "bad" Small County schools are. I have no evidence that this is true.
  • Both schools will be at the GVTI on the 17th (which LMK and I decided I should attend, yesterday).