We had an exciting weekend.

Friday, I went to the doctor because my rash was still itching and still getting worse. He was as stumped as I was about what had caused this rash. He did a biopsy (ow) and gave me some antibiotics. I go back to see him on Thursday and hopefully he'll know more. Meanwhile, I'm still itchy. It waxes and wanes, but generally, I itch.

Friday evening we set out for Richmond. Of course, at the time it was alternating between sleeting and snowing - making the roads lots of fun to be on. However, we took our time and made it to Richmond in 3 hours. Only a half hour longer than it should have taken. Our hotel was right downtown, only 6 or 7 blocks from the convention center. LMK and I discussed it and decided that since the weather on Saturday was supposed to be very cold and I was planning to wear a skirt that we would get up early and drive to the convention center instead of walk.

Then we went off in search of food. We had no idea where we were going, so eventually we ended up back at the hotel. Around this time, I was getting VERY, VERY itchy. Of course, I had forgotten my Cortisone cream. We checked the phone book, located the nearest Wal-Mart and set out. We drove and drove and drove. No Wally World. Finally, LMK spotted a Target. Hooray! Target! I like Target better anyway. I got some cream and we started back to get dinner. I chose Panera and LMK chose Wendy's. LMK was tired and ready to go home, he would have picked anything at that point. We got our food to go and went back to the hotel. We ate and LMK called for a 6AM wake-up call. Me? I was still itchy. Finally at 11 o'clock I fell asleep.

At 4:30 our phone rang. WTF!? "This is your wake-up call." LMK called the front desk to see what was going on and we decided that some wonderful hotel guest had called our room to prank us. Grrr. We tossed and turned for a few more hours until our real wake-up call came.

We arrived at the convention center at 7:30 and we were able to pack in an adjacent parking garage. Hooray! We checked into the Teach-In and waited until the booths opened. I visited 6 surrounding school districts. Two weren't conducting interviews. Small County had sent the man I had interviewed with for subbing. He asked if I had all my paperwork in and essentially sent me on my way. Gee, thanks. I'm consistently underwhelmed by Small County, but I digress. I interviewed with two districts. One is where a friend of mine teaches. The other is Large County. I am in love with large county. I want to work there.

LMK was able to meet with licensure specialists and figure out exactly what he needs to do to get his teaching license. He also met with two universities a local one and the only one (Go Hokies!). He wandered around the booths while I was interviewing wearing his polo from The School. Wouldn't you know it, the man from Small County tried to recruit him! "Are you happy at The School?" They don't give me the time of day, but LMK is in high demand.

Grrrrrr.