We're home from West Virginia. We had a lovely week. The Queen Mother...no...the King Mother...LMK's mother and I went shopping. Lots and lots of shopping! The woman had no idea that Staples has HUGE sales in July. She's been paying full price in August. Heh. I've corrupted her now. She's addicted. She pretty much cleaned them out of the $0.78 two pack of composition notebooks and she should never purchase pencil tip erasers again (35 boxes, 12 in a box makes for 420 erasers, sheesh!)
I have a lot of the stuff on my list that I needed for my classroom now.
She and I even made curtains. I ironed them (how I loathe ironing) and she sewed them. I still think she got the cushy job. SITTING in front of an air conditioner while I STOOD in the basement beside a hot iron. Have I mentioned I hate ironing? Hate it with a passion now. However, since she was sewing and I don't know how, I decided to suck it up. LMK got the brunt of my whining. Lucky him.
We also saw I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. It was nothing like what I thought it was going to be and I really enjoyed it. LMK has promised me a trip to see Hairspray and Chick-Fil-A since we wussed out last week before Harry Potter was released. Also, by the by, my book that I pre-ordered from Amazon that I was told wouldn't arrive until the 24 unless I upgraded to paid shipping (I had the free shipping) arrived at 10:30 on the 21st.
Ha ha! Cheapiness wins out!
0 comments:
Post a Comment