until my first injury in the classroom. While interning, I missed a chair and fell in front of my third graders. Then while student teaching I slipped on some black ice right before school started one morning.
Yesterday, while working in my room, I flipped myself out of my desk chair. I knew they were slippery on tile floor, but evidently they're just as rolly on carpet. I come by it naturally though, my mother fell off a desk one year working in her classroom.
I should have known it was going to be a bad week after the desk chair. This afternoon, I was standing on a chair hanging posters. When I "hopped" down my ankle gave out and I fell. Luckily, the file cabinet broke my fall. A lot of crashing later I was able to get up and limp home.
My husband was not amused. After a trip to the ER, I MAY have broken my ankle. They're sending me to an orthepedic doctor for a second opinion. Right now, I am on crutches and Loritab. LMK is having conniptions at the thought of me unsupervised on crutches. Heh. You'd think I was some sort of klutz. Oh wait...I AM some sort of klutz.
Please Lord, don't make me start my first year of teaching on crutches.
**Update: It's not broken! The ortho doc said I could even stop using the crutches. I may use them another day otherwise I tire out really easy.
Anyone thinking I should go back to school tomorrow morning? Yeah, me too!
0 comments:
Post a Comment