When I walked into my room filled with the former teacher's stuff, I almost had a panic attack. Everything was nicely organized but there was just so much stuff! There was no where to even put something down without losing it. Clutter and disorder make me anxious. I know you'd never guess that from the state of my house most of the time, but it's true. I left the room completely overwhelmed.
I checked in at school one day when she had come to move stuff. The principal suggested I go up and talk to her, so I did. Yeah. I don't think moving was her idea. Long story short, I didn't get a very friendly vibe from her, so I vacated post haste. I waited until she was done and then went back to see the room.
Everything was gone. Part of me was annoyed that she'd taken everything. However, like Carrie said, she probably bought a lot of it herself. I can understand. Heck, I would be doing the same thing.
That being said, taking the chalkboard erasers seems a little petty to me. The stuff she did leave in the room isn't all that helpful. The textbooks are in a pile on the counter. Not in nice, neat piles - just tossed on the counter. Along with the teaching manuals and whatever manipulatives come with the set. The computers are tossed on a card with cords strewn all over - no idea what cord goes to what computer or where they go. Figuring that out ought to be fun.
The one thing that makes me smile is thinking of the room that this teacher moved to. It's half the size of mine. Her new room is packed to the gills with stuff and she hasn't even gotten desks for the kids in there. Karma is a boomerang.
However, I have quite a bit of stuff myself. Not only do I have the things I've collected over the years while I was wishing for my own room, I've got stuff from teacher's I've worked with, and anything I wanted from my mom's room when she retired. Stuff, I got!
I just didn't know I should have gotten her erasers!
Silly me.
More pictures on Flickr.
0 comments:
Post a Comment