Yes, that G.wen S.tefani song has been running through my head ever since I saw a woman on Ellen hum it horribly.

Today was a day when I wonder if insurance is really worth it. I am running out of my meds for high blood pressure. I've been on this medicine for over a year and it works great. Our insurance company however won't cover it unless 1.) I try several other generics first or 2.) My doctor sends his chart notes stating how I've been on this med for a year and blah, blah, blah!

My doctor won't change my medication unless I go see him. He's booked through June. I've been trying to get ahold of him for 2 weeks, I have 3 pills left. So I'll have to spend $15 for one of the residents to prescribe a new medicine for me. Stoooooooooooopid.

Socks meanwhile is being dramatic. When he knows I'm looking he won't open one eye. When someone new is here or he thinks food is involved, he opens both eyes. Typically it's Ollie with the eye infections. Argh!

This afternoon was the all sports banquet (all of the sports at the school recognized at once). LMK got a notice a few weeks ago telling him if he didn't join the booster's club, he could only attend the banquet if he paid $25. Joining the booster's costs $25.

They pay the coaches but it's nothing earth shattering, but my husband donates his time to coaching. LMK would do it for free (but don't tell them that). He loves coaching. Coaching, just like teaching, involves a lot of "weird" hours. Like the night we spent in ER because one of his players was hurt. Was it required? No. Would LMK have considered not going? Hell no, one of "his girls" was hurt. You'd have to fight the man off with a stick if something was wrong with one of his players. But I digress.

Am I the only one who finds it really tacky for the boosters to require coaches to become members? Yes, it's required. Another teacher who didn't join was told he couldn't present the awards for his sports to his players if he didn't join. The "banquet" wasn't all that great. The food...eh. I hope it wasn't catered, because it was NOT good. The speakers, too long. The seating, uncomfortable and crowded.

For your listening pleasure (i.e. so it can get stuck in your head too):