Well, I'm home after my trip to Ohio. It was a good week. I was able to help my mother get ready for the going away party for my aunt, uncle, and cousins. We made cookies, upon cookies, upon cookies. If I never see another peanut butter cookie, it will be too soon!
I saw family (including my 94 year old great uncle and my 95 year old grandfather's wife/my adopted grandmother). I met Maggie, the new puppy. She's evil but adorable. I also saw people at my mom's old school including the teacher that partially convinced me to make a move. After feeling like I'll never get a job, it's nice to be around family and friends who believe in you. LMK has always believed in me, but he's biased. So are they, come to think of it, but I'm letting it slide.
In typical Ohio news, while I was away, I got a phone call about a job! Over Spring Break, I got word that the school down the hill was interviewing. As I've stated, I was eventually turned down for that job. However, Friday morning, I received an email about a NEW job at the same school. I called the school and talked to the principal again. It sounds like either a 5th grade position or a 4th grade position (she's not sure if she's going to move someone or just fill the position). The assistant principal was out of the building that day, so I'm planning to call tomorrow and let them know I'm back in town. I should know if I have a job offer or another interview then. At this point, I'll take either.
What got me the "second chance"? The 3rd grade teachers were impressed with me the day I subbed and the principal felt they might not have given me a fair chance.
Hooray for subbing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment