So.

The students got wind of the "let's cut the soccer program" idea. Parents have been calling and complaining. Looks like soccer with remain next year. Ha! It's times like this that I love LMK's school. Rich people threaten to pull money and the administration rolls over. Heh.

LMK and I went to the girl's basketball game this evening. We left after a quarter. I have no problem going and supporting several of his girls who are playing basketball. However, I cannot stand the girl's basketball coach. He's a whiny little bitch. There really is no other way to phrase it.

First, the student fans were shouting "shoot it" to a girl standing outside the key. She was open. She shot the ball and missed. He freaked out. He started screaming at the students. "Hey, you don't coach my team! I coach my team." He looked incredibly stupid and very childish. Me, I just bit my lip. LMK later said he was proud I didn't say anything. I've become a soccer fan. I can harass a coach with the best of them. It took a lot not to say anything.

One of the girl's on the team is also a soccer player. Her parents were there. They made a comment to LMK about how glad they were that he didn't scream at the kids like that. He's nice and calm. That's because he's a good coach. (Don't worry, I didn't inform them of that little fact. I'll let them draw their own conclusions)

But the end of it for me was when they got a technical (whatever that is) because one of the girls had a different number on than the number listed on the roster. He screamed at one of the managers (from another country) because it was her fault. Uh, `scuze me? Who is the head coach? It didn't help that this girl is sweet and wonderful and I love her to death.

It kills me that the administration thinks this guy is a "great coach". He's a prick and whiny bitch.

Bad coaches, just like bad teachers, give everyone a bad name.