Twice in one week, you say. There must be extenuating circumstances. You're right! Long live the snow pony! Our first snow day of the school year. Even though I know we'll have to make it up, it's wonderful to be able to bum around the house. Clean the house. Wait for my new clothes (which all fit) and generally relax for a day. And those lesson plans for next week. Finito!
The update list:
- My new clothes arrived. They all fit and I only got one thing that I didn't order and don't want. Hello...me and white pants do NOT mix.
- I spent about $30 on books from Scholastic's Dollar Days sale. I ordered them Saturday and they're still processing. I WANT MY BOOKS!
- I found a cockroach in my room last week. G-R-O-S-S. Luckily, the other new teacher was nice enough to come take care of it for me. Ewewewewewew.
- LMK is having knee surgery on the anniversary of our move to Virginia. Oh how far we've come.
- Am I crazy for making LMK take me to the store this weekend to buy a cheap little doghouse for the stray cats that live under our porch? I'm going to put some wood chips in it for them to stay warm. They're cold and hungry. I'm not totally crazy right? I just cannot stand to see an animal cold or hungry.
- Twin got a promotion at work. She's going to be making more money. I'm so happy for her. She's getting away from the part of the job that is stressful and unappreciated and moving into management. Way to go, Twin!
- LMK is going to Baltimore in January for some soccer conference thing. (I listened, I just heard blah, blah, blah) Who is going to get me up for school? Start my car for me? Start fires to keep me warm and otherwise entertain me? I need entertainment, damnit!
- I was complaining this morning because the cancelled school after I showered. Until I got a call from my colleague who had no idea school was cancelled and was already at school.
- They're trying to cut the soccer program at LMK's school. It's such bullshit. Half of me thinks they'll never be able to do it. The other half of me almost wants them to do it so I can see the parents throw a fit and the administration roll over. True colors are being shown all over. It's all about football. Just like always.
- LMK's kids are coming down next week to meet with my kids. I'm so excited. My kids are so excited. Now, if I can only get enough baby food jars so we can make snow globes. Back up plan. Making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- I have little to no Christmas shopping done. LMK doesn't get paid until the 14th. Looks like we may be charging some gifts this year. I hope we can do it and not go overboard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment