Seriously.
When we moved to Virginia, LMK and I decided to only bring one car. Basically, we didn't see the need for his car and we were hoping to sell it and make a little money. Long story short, we didn't bring it nor did we sell it. It's still in Ohio. My parents have used it when they've been in a bind and I'm glad it's been there for them to use.
We really like his car for the most part. It gets great gas mileage and it was the perfect car for him when he was putting 50 miles a day on it. We just don't need it right now.
Now, it's just another expense. Both of our cars are getting older (I have a 2000, he has a 2001) and we're going to need to start thinking about new cars. However, for several months, I have excitedly paid the car payments and exclaimed to LMK - "11 payments left! 10 payments!" We currently have 7 payments left in the book. I was thrilled. Thrilled! We're about 6 months ahead and the end is in sight! We're finally going to OWN our car.
Hahahaha. Or so we thought.
We're trying to sell the car through a friend of the family who does this type of thing for a living. However, in order to sell the car, we have to have the title (or something like that). So my parents offered to front the cost and basically get reimbursed when the car sells. Great idea! One less bill for us! Win-win! Hooray! So today, we called the loan company to get our remaining balance. Instead of being a little over $1,000 it's closer to $2,000.
Evidently, we're on a 66 month loan, not a 60 month loan like I thought. Of course, our payment book goes up to 60 payments, so why would I think that was it? Silly me. Who the hell publishes a book and leaves out 6 payments!? It's simply wasteful and sneaky.
Razzafrazzin' car dealerships. It's a frickin' racket. We have a year of payments left. It's just about the most depressing thing I've ever heard.
Boo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment