Shamelessly stolen from Sleeping Mommy.
Marriage Meme
1. Where/how did you meet?
LMK and I met on the internet. We met in a chatroom at the old Geocities site (before it was Yahoo! Geocities). All their chat rooms where HTML based, not Java like the chat rooms today. I still prefer that kind of chatroom. Anyway, I had been chatting there for several months and one day I entered and overheard...overead him talking about getting shot. (!!!!) I struck up a converstation from there and the rest, as they say, is history.
2. How long have you known each other?
This year will make 10 years. Wow...10 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
This is all so tricky. Technically, we did the long distance relationship for about a year after we met. We actually met in person on his 20th birthday. We finally got to be together every day when I went to Tech in the fall of 1998. So...you decide when the "official" dating began.4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
We got engaged in September of my sophmore year at Tech. He proposed here:
Someday I am going to get a painting of it framed and hung in our house. I love the duck pond gazebo.
5. How long was your engagement?
A little over a year.
6. How long have you been married?
We just celebrated our 6th anniversary this December.7. What is your anniversary?
December 30th
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
We expected about 150, but it was snowy so less showed up. Everyone was there that I wanted to be there.9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Cake-y cake. It was white cake with butter cream frosting. Very pretty and very simple.10. Where was your wedding?
The wedding was at my church. I love the decorations they have for Christmas so we didn't need to do much decorating. All we did was add poinsettias.11. What did you serve for your meal?
Some lemon chicken thing, rigatoni, salad, green beans, hashbrown casserole, and I forget what else. The place where we had the reception had wonderful food and they included decorating. It was beautiful.12. How many people were their in your bridal party?
Four on each side.13. Are you still friends with them all?
Since over half of them were family, yes. Two were my husband's younger cousins, one was my brother, one was my husband's father, and one was my cousin. My husband's best friend and two of my friends rounded out the eight. Out of my two friends, only one is sketchy and that's because we're both busy with out lives and don't get together like we should. I know if I needed her I could call her. Just as I hope she would do if she needed me. The other is Twin.14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony?
Not really. I was too nervous. Although, I did get a little choked up when LMK said his vows. He was so serious. It was nice to know he really meant them.15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Ummm...marrying LMK? Oh! And dancing with my grandfather, he died the following June.16. Any funny moments?
I would have to say my husband, father-in-law, brother, father, and LMK's cousins doing the YMCA in ridiculous hats was the highlight of my day.17. Any big disasters?
Two days before the wedding my father was "cleaning" and accidentally threw away my veil. It wouldn't have been a big deal but it was my mom's veil from her wedding and I'd spent hours gluing rhinestones and pearls to it. Shut up, I wanted to sparkle! :o)18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Disney World!19. How long were you gone?
11 days, we drove so that makes it about 8 days at Disney.20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Nothing really. A lot of people still tell my mom that it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. Plus, it ended up being pretty inexpensive.21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
My side...which is usually the middle. I don't share well.22. What size is your bed?
Queen23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We've been told by several people that we have a really strong relationship and I agree. I think our honesty and our consideration for each other are definitely strengths. However, our greatest strength is probably our sense of "team". We are a team. Together we can do anything.24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Definitely my stubborness. Plus all of LMK's health problems...those seem to be in check now, so they don't really count.25. Who literally pays the bills?
Right now, LMK makes the money and I pay the bills. However, this housewife crap is not all it's cracked up to be. I'm bored!26. What is your song?
We don't have a song really. I never understood that "our song" junk. However, our wedding song is what we've decided is our song.27. What did you dance your first dance to?
My Best Friend by Tim McGrawI never had no one
I could count on
I've been let down so many times
I was tired of hurtin'
So tired of searchin'
'til you walked into my life
It was a feelin
I'd never known
And for the first time
I didn't feel alone
You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend, oh yeah
You stand by me
And you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy
Youre right there to save me
You make me see how much I have
And I still tremble
When we touch
And oh the look in your eyes
When we make love
You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend
You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend (my best friend)
You're my best friend (my best friend)
28. Describe your wedding dress?
I wish I could just put a picture like SM did (good idea). However, I don't have one scanned and all my pictures are in Ohio. Boo. My dress was made for me. Mainly because I liked the sleeves of this dress, the neckline of that dress, the train of this dress, etc. My dress was short sleeved, A-line dress, with a princess neckline. Then we bought beaded lace and put it at the top of the dress (around the neckline) and at the bottom of the train. It was beautiful. Oh, and I also had the dressmaker sew my grandmother's initials into the train of my dress in light blue. Have I mentioned I LOVED my dress. It's a shame I only got to wear it once. I'd love to wear it again and again. But we got it dry cleaned and preserved so I would have it for years to come.29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Huge red and white poinsettias around the church (they were beautiful). Then the bouquets were evergreen and red and white roses. We actually ordered them from the local grocery store. They were really pretty and much cheaper than going to the florist in town. Some of my mom's family is in the flower business (they're pretty big in the flower business actually) so we didn't feel we could do artificial flowers. We ended up getting the poinsettias from my cousin wholesale. Then we donated them to the church for shut-ins. Our bouquets were stuck into paper bags and frozen for a year. They still look pretty darn good!
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say?
Nope, mine is too thin to be engraved. I wanted to engrave LMK's with "PUT IT BACK ON", but he didn't find the humor in that. Hehehehehe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment