Mmmk. So, the excitement is wearing off and the sheer enormity of what we are planning to do is becoming clearer and clearer.
We're moving! In three frickin' weeks!
Holy hell.
This week has just been an emotional roller coaster. Up, down, round the corner, up, down. Add to the fact that this is the worst possible week of the month to mess with me and it's been quite interesting. Lists are just about the only thing keeping me sane lately. I need lists. Lists of lists of lists. They're comforting.
We're not putting up any Christmas decorations. Frankly, I don't want to have to rush around putting them away the day after Christmas so we can move. It's weird not having a tree and putting away the decorations, but there's always next year. We'll be decorating our house in Virginia next year - which is exciting, yet terrifying. Maybe, in my spare time (ha!), I will get out a few of my favorites, snap a couple pictures, and put them here. Won't that be festive?
We've decided that Lucy is going to stay with my parents until the summer.
First, because we don't have a way to safely get her from Ohio to Virginia. I can't keep her safe and away from Hokie, Socks, and Ollie while driving and I will not allow her to ride in a moving truck with the Lawn Mower King while he drives an unfamiliar vehicle over unfamiliar roads, one of which being 81. It's not safe for us or her.
She's also staying because I am giving myself an ulcer worrying about her barking. Lucy is beagle. She barks. Luckily, she's not like LMK's dog, Hoss, who howls just because he likes to hear the sound of his own voice. Lucy only barks when she's angry. Lucy only gets angry when she's not getting the attention she believes she deserves. She barks at people walking by, other animals, or us if we're not coming to play with her. Add to this that we're moving to the "city" with close neighbors (one of which being LMK's new boss) and I just don't want to put that kind of pressure on her or on us. She'll be just as happy staying in her own house at my parents where she can go for rides with my dad and help my mom cook dinner than she will being forced into silence or penned in. Either way...I'm just sick about it. I'm going miss her so much.
There's so much more I could say, but I'm not going to right now.
Well, we need to go call the grocery store to get some boxes. We're probably going to end up looking like a couple of drunks moving in with all our liquor boxes. But hey, they're free!
0 comments:
Post a Comment