Well, after almost 60 hours spent at school this week I am finally home! Tuesday was Open House until 8. Wednesday was staff development until 5. Thursday was new teacher stuff. Add meetings every day during my supposed break and I'm sick and tired of school.
I stayed until 6 tonight to get my lesson plans done. I'm very excited about them. They're my best ones yet. They won't make it until next Friday, but darn it, I hope one of the administrators comes in to observe me on Monday (I've gotten informal observations every week so far). I'm ready, dag nabbit!
Highlights of the week:
Had my first fight Tuesday. One of my kids got punched in the face by one of the other new 4th grade teacher's kids. Suspensions all around and the parents of my kid are pressing charges. Good for them!
As I was leaving tonight at six o'clock I ran into the new 1st grade teacher. "Oh, I figured I was the only one here." I commented. Then New 3rd Grade Teacher walked in. Soon after New Music Teacher arrived. Yep, the new people were the only ones left at school - and no wonder with all the meetings we've had this week. Sheesh.
I've got a grade full of five finger bandits. I caught three of them stealing candy from me on Tuesday. Want to know what makes Mrs. cuss like a sailor? Stealing. LMK will attest that I dropped a lot of F-bombs that evening. Today, someone stole another student's snack. They're gonna push me too far and then be in a world of hurt.
One of the other 4th grade teachers leaves as soon as the bell rings and takes nothing home with her. What am I doing wrong!?
I still feel like I'm floundering. I guess that's how I'm supposed to feel. New Fourth Grade Teacher feels the same way only she's got a cold, too. She's really down. It's no wonder so many teachers quit in the first 3 years. Good gravy.
I'm kind of annoyed because the two new teachers have the low reading group and then we have the opposite grouping for math. Sounds fair, right? Wrong. Our reading textbook is too hard for our kids. So we're having to dig up resources just to fill our 45 minutes of reading and spelling. Yes, you read that right, 45 minutes. Good luck getting anything accomplished in that amount of time. Even if we had the low math kids, we'd still have a textbook to use. Right now, my kids are doing a book study (which means I'm sure they'll fail their first quarter district test) and the other teacher is just trying to get her kids to read. I'm sorry, it just seems like we got the short end of the stick.
How was YOUR week?
first year , jobs , teaching
0 comments:
Post a Comment