The woman that LMK replaced also lived in this house before we did.

So far, I'm not impressed. I won't even consider her teaching "style" (if you can call passing out worksheets and not actually teaching a style).

First, she told the administration that she had just filled the oil heat tank at the cost of $300. When we arrived it was in the 40s so we kept turning up the heat. Finally, when we were all shivering we called maintenence. The head maintenence man (HMM) came out and discovered we had no heat. As in, there was no oil in our tank.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat.

HMM called the oil company that the school uses (all the building's heating systems are oil based) and they informed him that it was against policy to bring us oil after closing time (5 pm). HMM then called the president of the school.

Bet me we had heat within 45 minutes. I love the president of the school - he seems so nice.

Also, since we've moved in we've had issues with the utility sink in the basement. When I do laundry it drains really slowly (filling all the way up sometimes). Same when we use the dishwasher, flush the downstairs toilet, and new today - shower. LMK put in a work order and the maintenence men showed up today. According to them they snaked 100 feet of.....stuff out of our lines into the main sewer line. All I can say, is ew. Not only that...the basement smells.

Awful.

LMK doesn't know it yet, but we're going out to dinner. I can't eat in this house if it smells like...well...you know. Plus, it will give the place a chance to air out (once I open a window, which I plan to do). Also, must buy Febreeze and 10 gallons of Chlorox.