The Good

LMK and I went to Large City on Saturday to celebrate his first week of work with dinner at Olive Garden.

Ok. Okay, I'll be honest. We were celebrating, but I wanted to go to Olive Garden, not him. He's a good sport though. The OG in Large City must be new. It's totally different than any I've ever been in before and let me tell you, I've hit a LOT.

It didn't have the rolling chairs with the arms that I hate. It had high vaulted ceilings and a fire place! It was gorgeous! And the food? Superb!

The Great

Then we came home and let the boys out into the sun porch. They had a ball - once the big scaredy cats actually went outside. I can't wait for spring/summer so we can sit out there and enjoy the evening. I'm already planning flowers in my head. ME! Flowers!


The Ew!

We've been having some drainage problems, but since the maintenence men have been here things have been pretty uneventful. After we had gotten everyone inside off the porch, I decided I needed to piddle. So off I went to the downstairs bathroom. As I walked in, I noticed something in the toilet. My first thought was, "great, what did the cats knock into the toilet." Then the "object" registered. It was a rat. A rat!

Ewewewewewewewewew

LMK swears it was dead - at least, I think that's what he was saying as I ran screaming up the stairs with Ollie leading the way.

I pride myself on not being a girly girl. I don't like snakes, but I can handle seeing them. Mice don't bother me either - Hokie loves to catch mice. Spiders? I don't like to crunch them but I'm pretty big and bad when I have a vacuum in my hands.

Rats however, nah uh. No way, no how.