Having dinner tonight with our "daughter" it hit me, I've only got another month with this kid around every day. Boy am I going to miss it. It's not just her though. There's so many. I can think of three off the top of my head that will absolutely break my heart to watch graduate. She's the biggie because she adopted us a few months after we moved here. I've never told her, but I think I needed her as much as she needed us. I know what it's like to be far from home and needing a mom from time to time. Nevermind, I'm only 10 years older than her. I'm still young and hip. Plus, it's easy to be "Mom" when none of the hard decisions are your's to make.
Every time I hear this song, it makes me think of her.
The other one that is going to break my heart is the one we offered our spare bedroom to for Spring Break. Monday it poured rain all day. He was out in it. When I came to pick up LMK after practice I saw a blur out of the corner of my eye. All of a sudden I'm enveloped in a wet, soggy, clammy, cold hug. I squealed and "ew'd" appropriately and I'll never tell him, but it made my day.
This song reminds me of him:
It just so happened I heard both these songs tonight. Right after each other.
"And you should really thank Mrs. Brinkman
She spent so much extra time
It's like she sees the diamond underneath
And she's polishin' you 'til you shine"
My little diamonds. I'm gonna miss these kids.
1 comments:
((((((HUGS)))))) I'm wondering if I spent enough time telling you what a special and fantastic person you are...
Post a Comment