I know, I know, I promised pictures. But I've been corrupted by the R.uby P.ayne philosophy so you really shouldn't expect me to do homework. Mwahahahaha.
Did I mention I'm taking a graduate course? Yes, I am that stupid. Basically, if we get technology certified then we earn money to be used for equipment in our classrooms. I want need my own SmartBoard so I am killing myself in a college class again. Last night was webpages. I love webpages. I taught myself basic HTML at 17. I have 7 webpages that I can think of off the top of my head. I heart webpages. I don't think I know it all, because there are definitely webpage bells and whistles I want to learn. Java. PHP. Graphic design. Blog Template design. etc.
However, I do understand the basics of webpage creation especially when using a website composing program like Dre.amweaver. So I still believe spending 3 hours making a basic generic webpage was not the best use of my time. I spent most of the class staring into space while listening to the instructor or helping my classmates with their pages. I tried really hard not to be "that person." I hope I hid my boredom.
Anyway, I digress. So those pictures...yeah, they're coming. However, it's icy and cold - so don't expect them today. I did do some excellent google searching (Mo Mom should be proud) and came up with some pictures.
First, Carrie was right. We bought a Prius. A 2008 Prius with 200 miles on it (ok, now 250 because we've been driving it like crazy). It's purdy. I've decided to name her the Silver Bullet. And soon, very soon, I will be able to walk up to my care without whispering "Hello, my precious." Really...soon! I'm working on it.
My favorite features so far include the key fob and push button start. Hello! I don't have to spend 5 frantic minutes searching through my purse for my keys. I zipped the key into a pocket and haven't searched for them once. Plus, how cool is it that I just push a button and the car starts. Of course, I have to make a conscious effort to be sure I actually turn the car off. So far, I've remembered, but I'm sure I'm going to forget soon.
I also love the dashboard. Digital speedometer? Cool! I think our favorite feature is the little lcd screen in the middle of the dash. LMK loves to watch the battery charge or the gas mileage sky rocket. I enjoy coasting and seeing that I'm using no energy or gas, but charging the battery at the same time. It still freaks me out when the car shuts off at a stop light. Normally, that's a bad thing. Now, it's a good thing! It's nerve-racking!
I am also fascinated by the backup camera. I make LMK watch it while I back because otherwise it makes me queasy. I love being able to see behind me as I back up and I'd like to think it will help me drive more carefully.
Now to be honest. Several colleagues at work have accused me of being a "tree-hugger." Here is my confession. I think it's great that my car is good for the environment or BETTER for the environment, but that's not why I bought it.
Gas mileage was a HUGE selling point. I'm getting 45 miles to the gallon people and evidently the gas mileage is worse when it's really cold out. I can't wait to see what it does in the summer. I also liked the affordability (is that a word?) of the Prius. I didn't cost much more than the used 2-3 year old American made cars we were looking at with 20,000 miles on them.
So go explore. Before you know it. You'll want one, too!
2 comments:
Cool!!! I really wish those hybrids had more trunk space. I'd get one in a red hot second, but where am I supposed to put all my stuff? I think it is so strange that certain segments of the population (including my mother) see hybrids as tree hugging, when most people I know enjoy that aspect but really just want to save a butt load of money on gas.
When do I get to go for a ride in your new car??? We can go to the O.live G.arden and M.ichaels (for research purposes of course).
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck some people are just 'better Googlers' than others... ya just type in the words in the little box and voila... Hmmmm, do you think it may not be that at all? ;-) It it possible that's just an excuse? hmmmm
Post a Comment