IMG_0199
Originally uploaded by h0kieerin.
Confession: My kids have me completely hooked on Ha.nnah Mon.tana, the Jo.nas Brothers, and the High School Mu.sical songs. So much so that those are the songs I'm buying with my iTunes Christmas gift cards. What can I say? I'm a Disney girl through and through. If you make it a Disney musical, I'm done. I had no chance of resistance.


The first week of a year is over. I had school for 3 days of it. What a crock. All this V.irginia bull-shit paperwork is really getting on my nerves. I don't know if it's the state as a whole or just my district. The instructional time being wasted is criminal. But this is a rant for another post.

In other news, I actually missed my kiddos. I was shocked, too. They came back Thursday sleepy eyed but smiling. I love it when they're tired. They behave. They're too tired not to. Mwahahaha!

Two of my kids have yet to return to school. One I wouldn't be surprised to hear she moved. She's a nice kid, but her moving will boost my test scores. (How depressing that I've been driven to this type of thinking!) The other we heard from today. Her grandmother died last night. I'm heartbroken. Not only because I think most people can sympathize with losing a grandparent at a young age. I lost my grandmother when I was about this age. It's heartbreaking. What makes it worse is Grandma is more like a mother to this child. She lives with her. Grandma is the stable one in her life. Dad is in jail. Mom is a flake and in and out of jail. I'm watching the paper so I can go to calling hours. Sometimes, especially as a kid, life isn't fair.